Tonalea in northeastern Arizona, U.S. Situated in the Navajo Reservation, the three destinations—Betatakin (Navajo: “Edge House”), Keet Seel (“Broken Pottery”), and Inscription House—are among the best-safeguarded and most-expound precipice abodes known. The three destinations, caused a national landmark in 1909, to have an all out zone of 0.6 square mile (1.6 square km).
he Navajo National Monument is in northeastern Arizona, with in the extraordinary yet minimal known Navajo Indian Reservation. It was made March 20, 1909, and the region diminished by presidential decree of March 14, 1912, to three little zones totaling around 360 sections of land. Each different tract contains the remains of an astounding pre-notable cavern pueblo or bluff dwelling in great condition of conservation. These are known as Betatakin, a Navajo name meaning sidehill house, Kitsil (which means broken stoneware), and Inscription House. The last ruin gets its name from an engraving scratched into the dirt mortar of a divider. It peruses, “S—hapeiro Ano Dom 1661.” A fearless early Spanish pioneer or teacher, most likely on his approach to or from the Colorado River, probably entered the gully wherein this ruin is found and stopped at the since quite a while ago surrendered pueblo to scratch a record of his visit. So far as recorded it was not visited again until June, 1909.
Byron Cummings, a prehistorian, and John Wetherill, a nearby farmer and merchant, investigated the remains of Keet Seel, the biggest of the locales, in 1907. After two years Cummings and Wetherill found the remnants of Betatakin and Inscription House. The 135 rooms of Betatakin are tucked into a cliffside recess estimating 452 feet (138 meters) high and 370 feet (113 meters) wide. Additionally arranged in a precipice nook are the 160 rooms and 6 kivas (stately places) of Keet Seel. Engraving House (named by Cummings and Wetherill for spray painting they found on a divider dated to 1661) has 74 rooms and 1 kiva; it has been shut to the general population since 1968. To visit the other two remains, guests must take guided visits drove by park officers.
In this view the morning sun is lighting up the westernmost structures under the huge south-bound sandstone curve. Rock workmanship canvases are seen over the tops of these rooms. Development started in 1250. In 1269 numerous timbers were cut and accumulated. In 1275 an explosion of development occurred. By 1300 the site was relinquished.